Operation Roadcheck(June 5 – 7) is a 72-hour roadside inspection and enforcement blitz, with an estimated 10,000 inspectors at more than 1,000 checkpoints across North America monitoring truck safety compliance. It is estimated 14 trucks or buses are being inspected, on average, every minute from Canada to Mexico during the three day period.
Roadcheck 2012 focuses on commercial vehicle and driver safety / security. All inspection violationswill become part of the company and driver CSA records.
Here are six steps you can take to make sure you survive Roadcheck 2012:
- Understand the inspection process. The roadside inspection involves a comprehensive 37-step procedure which includes items related to vehicle, driver and cargo safety.
- Know the most frequently cited violations.
- Broken or missing light
- General Vehicle Defects
- Excessive Tire Wear
- Oil or Grease Leak
- Damage to Brake hose/tubing
- Form and Manner in log book
- Brakes out of adjustment
- No proof of annual inspection
- Fire Extinguisher violation
- Keep vehicles clean and well maintained.
- Conduct complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Keep log books up to date
- Treat the inspector with courtesy and respect.
Roadcheck data from 2011 show the overall vehicle compliance rate at 80.7 percent (80.0 percent in 2010), with an overall driver compliance rate of 95.8 percent (95.6 percent from last year).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the safety department for assistance.
NEW PRIME AGENT
American Red Ball is pleased to announce that Best Move will be joining the agency family as a Prime agent servicing the Los Angeles, CA area. Best Move has been independently servicing the Los Angeles county area since 1985 and brings a long history of high quality service to the Red Ball agency family.
Please welcome them to the family. Below is Best Move’s contact information:
Best Move – Agency Code #117
Contact: Lyn Maher
22511 Burton St
West Hills, CA 91304
(818)884-7158 Fax: (818)992-1377
John Betzold, ext. 604